Daniel Bryan has doubled-down on his comments about being able to defeat Mike Jackson in an MMA fight. Jackson defeated CM Punk at a UFC event in Chicago held earlier this summer.

UFC 225 was CM Punk’s second bout in the Octagon. Unfortunately, the home field advantage wasn’t enough for the Second City Saint to take his first MMA win. The result wasn’t good for Mike Jackson either. His performance received mixed reviews and would be his one and only fight in the UFC according to Dana White. Shortly after the bout, Daniel Bryan made a comment on how he could beat Jackson in an MMA fight, which sparked an online mini-feud.

Bryan was a guest on Heated Conversations with Booker T recently and again stated he feels he could beat Jackson in an MMA fight.

“What was happening was, my wife (Brie) was on Instagram, and she was doing a live thing, to promote Total Bellas“, Bryan explained. “And it was like, ‘Oh, Bryan is here with me. Does anybody want to ask him a question?’ And somebody popped up and said, ‘Do you think you could beat Mike Jackson?’ And it wasn’t like I’ve been sitting around thinking, ‘I guess this is my shot. I’m going to call him out on Brie’s Instagram story.”

“And this is what I said, I said, ‘Yeah, I think so. If it went to the ground, I think I could’.”

Booker T then asked the former World Heavyweight Champion if he could submit Jackson in an MMA fight, to which Bryan admitted that he might be overly-confident.

“Yes (I could submit him), but that could be false confidence. I’m very open to that (idea). I think most people who know me know this. If I were to say like, ‘Yeah, I think I could beat Mike Jackson’, it’s that. It’s not me being like, ‘Oh, I would kill that man! I would go out there and destroy that man!’ It’s no disrespect to him, it’s no disrespect to CM Punk. It was the first time I ever actually watched a UFC show where somebody won a fight, and I thought, ‘You know what? I think I could beat that guy’. And just say that ‘Oh, I’ve toyed around with jiu-jitsu’ or whatever it is, and I’ve been training grappling and stuff for a lot of years. I’ve been training kickboxing and stuff for a lot of years.”

“That said, that doesn’t make me an MMA fighter, and I’m well aware of it. I’m also well aware of the fact that, okay, I’ve been training this month in takedowns, right? And I’m doing double legs, and guess what? I’m kind of old! And so, here I am, shooting double legs and when you’re shooting double legs, you’re tilting your neck to finish this double leg takedown, and me with my neck problems, I probably shot 15 double legs, and they were still doing double legs. And my neck all of a sudden, my thoracic spine was like, ‘What am I doing? We don’t do this!'”

While an MMA career doesn’t seem to be in the works for Bryan, one has to remember that it was only earlier this year that Bryan got cleared to compete in a WWE ring. Also, it seems that Bryan will continue to stay in the WWE until he feels that he has accomplished all that he wanted in the company.