Carmella recently conducted an interview where she talked about a wide range of topics. Former SmackDown Women’s Champion spoke with TVInsider and during this interview, she spoke about the women’s evolution and how the WWE has handled this movement to the point where they are holding an all-women’s PPV event.

Carmella stated that they are in the middle of it and WWE has held the first-ever women’s Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank and other matches. She added that she thinks it’s so cool to know that her name will always go down in history.

She also talked about her rise to the top and being portrayed as a heel on WWE television. She noted that she never thought in a million years that she would be where she’s at now and that it’s just surreal that she is the first Ms. Money in the Bank.

“I was champion. I beat Asuka twice. I beat Charlotte twice. When I was here if I told people, I would be doing this, people would laugh. They’d probably say, ‘Yeah right. Carmella?’ But I did it baby.”

She stated that she knows that her role is to get fans to hate her and if she attempts to do some cool things that result in a positive reaction then she is not doing anything for her opponent in the ring as she doesn’t want to be somewhat cheered and somewhat hated.

“I went out there wanting people to hate me, and I’m going to do everything I possibly can to get everyone to do that. I just feel it’s important to do what’s right and not necessarily what is right for you but right for everybody.”