Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry David Arquette Talks “Ready To Rumble,” Returning To Wrestling In 2018

David Arquette is dedicated to the world of professional wrestling. Arquette got his big break in the business when he starred in the film “Ready To Rumble.” The picture was based on a fictional wrestler, Jimmy King, who feuded with Diamond Dallas Page in WCW. Arquette’s character, Gordie, and his best-friend Sean help the fallen King return to his former glory.

Shortly after the film’s release, WCW brought in Arquette for actual storylines. He’d eventually win the WCW World Championship, much to the displeasure of many in the business. WCW would eventually go under, and Arquette’s professional wrestling career was put on ice.

Nearly 20 years later, however, Arquette is back in the fold. He has been taking independent bookings and regaining notoriety in the industry. Arquette spoke to FOX News about his journey. He talked about getting the role in “Ready To Rumble” fresh off the success of “Scream”:

“I don’t know exactly how I got involved in “Ready to Rumble.” It was just a script that came by, I’d been becoming off “Scream” so, when you have a hit movie it’s easy to sort of pick and choose.

“I was already a wrestling fan, so just the idea of working with Sting and Goldberg and Diamond Dallas Page (DDP) was amazing, and I just love the story and I love the director, Brian Robbins, he’s an amazing director and Scott Caan, Oliver Platt where involved.

“So, it was a great cast, great script, great director — easy decision. And I got to tour around, fly in a plane with Hulk Hogan and hear a bunch of stories and have a few drinks with Ric Flair, which was amazing.”

One reason Arquette wanted to return to wrestling this year was to shut up his naysayers. His WCW World Title win is a joke in the eyes of many professional wrestlers and fans. Arquette wants to earn his stripes in an effort to minimize the damage of his online trolls:

“When I first won the title, there was no Internet really. No Twitter craziness, so it just increasingly got more venomous, and when they changed the IHOP to IHOB, Bubba Dudley wrote: “That’s the worst idea since making David Arquette the champion.”

“So, it’s just like a way of shutting everyone up. It’s been great to get in shape and learn the moves and learn some chain wrestling and top of the rope stuff. One thing about being bullied online is you can’t take it personally.

“A lot of the people are dealing with their own issues, they have to lash out online so you really have to have a thick skin as an actor, as a wrestler and just as a person — a kid going to school even.

“So, my best advice is just not to take it personally and believe in yourself, just keep going and doing what you do, you know, there’s a lot of stuff going on about dreams and making your dreams come true.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I cant believe the payoff to this thing is a low budget ready to rumble 2 documentary.