Matt Riddle is just starting out his career with WWE but fans have high hopes for him in their developmental system NXT. It was revealed in August at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4 that he had signed with the WWE as he was sitting front row at the show. He has yet to make his television debut for NXT but is preparing for it while training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

He made his NXT in-ring debut at a live event last weekend in Sanford, FL at the Sanford Civic Center by beating Fabian Aichner in a back-and-forth match. The finish of the match saw him a hit powerbomb where he followed up by hitting a knee strike.

During a recent interview on a radio show called “The Main Event,” he talked about a wide range of topics including why he didn’t wear the MMA-style trunks at the NXT show that he wore on the indies. He brought up how he wore multi-colored trunks which he borrowed from his wife. He is waiting on WWE to sign off on wearing his old trunks with sponsors on it but it should be noted that when he made his entrance, he was wearing a jacket that featured the logo of his sponsor SPLX.

He also talked about who he’s eager to square off against in WWE and someone who he would consider a dream opponent, which he named Cesaro. The reason for it is due to him thinking that they could have a “sensational” match against one another in the ring.

Finally, Riddle made it known that he is confident in his WWE future and expressed it by stating that, “I feel with the right opportunity I can go as far as I want.”