Former Impact Wrestling World Champion James Storm recently made an appearance this week on Busted Open Radio on Sirius to talk with Bully Ray and Dave LaGreca about various topics including his brief time with WWE.

Storm debuted in NXT during the October 2015 tapings where he defeated Danny Burch and later appeared on the December 2 episode by defeating Adam Rose. Then signed a contract to return to Impact Wrestling. The former TNA star stated that he went down to NXT to talk with Triple H and had another match. However, Impact was interested in signing him as well as WWE.

He reflected on how Triple H offered him a contract and knew that Impact was offering him some big money. He made it clear that the truth wasn’t even about the money but rather he and his wife was trying to have another kid, which was a problem with the brutal WWE schedule. Storm would add that Triple H was telling him that they had planned to run 100-125 dates with NXT and he had to explain his personal life. “He basically told me ‘look, go get your life straight and then get yourself in the best shape you can. In two years let’s see if when can do business again.”

Storm also talked about a potential WWE run where he brought up how that “I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in in my entire career” and it comes down to basically wanting to prove it to himself as well.