Current PROGRESS World Champion, WALTER, has been surrounded by rumors recently regarding the WWE’s alleged interest in the 6’4” Austrian.

Sitting down with Mirror Sport, WALTER addressed the WWE speculation head-on. The interview would also see him fielding a plethora of questions about his wrestling style, the growing popularity of European wrestling, his upcoming championship match at Wembley, and his challenger, Tyler Bate.

“I don’t know if I mentioned this but being a part of the Raw or SmackDown roster is nothing I am interested in. I don’t want to live in the US,” the Austrian admitted.

His opinion on NXT, however, is vastly different compared to his dismissive thoughts on WWE’s main roster product.

“I really like NXT though, I think it’s a great product, filled with the best talent in the world and is focused on competition in the ring, which is something I enjoy,” he admitted, before cryptically adding, “I don’t want to say it will never happen because in wrestling things change so quick.”

Addressing his reputation and ever-growing fan awareness over who he is, his ability, and style, WALTER had this to say when asked about his worldwide main event success:

“I would say it’s timing and work ethic that I carry with me. I was always surrounded by hardworking and focused people. When I perform I don’t think selfishly, I think about the whole thing and trying to carry that forward. I do my best for company and the fans. It’s a big part of what brought me to where I am now.”

WALTER defends his PROGRESS World Championship against Tyler Bate this Sunday in an eagerly anticipated showdown. The match takes place at Wembley Arena, London.