It’s become a bit of a running joke with interviewers and podcasters whenever it comes to Cody’s lack of a surname. Chris Jericho, in particular, has enjoyed referring to him as Cody ‘Don’t-Call-Him-Rhodes.’

Many believed that the lack of a surname, let alone one that carries so much clout within the wrestling industry, was due to some sort of WWE ownership over the name.

However, in a recent Twitter exchange with a fan, Cody cleared the air on the topic, providing an emphatic answer. He declared that he could actually “use it [Rhodes] whenever,” before explaining that “I will not be using it any time in the foreseeable future.”

He ended the explanation with a short but sweet assertion, stating, “I prefer just Cody.”

I can use it whenever. I will not be using it any time in the foreseeable future though…whether that’s w/roh, WWE, njpw, anywhere…

I prefer just Cody.

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) September 28, 2018

In another Cody update, “The American Nightmare” provided a tease as to the potential future of All In.

He has spoken previously about what he would do differently if an All In 2 event were to take place, and has added further fuel to the fire in a recent video uploaded to his YouTube channel, entitled “ALL US | Epilogue.”

In it, he addresses the fans’ clamoring for another event:

“There is a question of whether we do it again. And the best answer I can give you is, it could have been a great night of matches at Chicago, sure, that’s all it could have been. But it felt like more, it felt like a revolution. Revolutions aren’t just one night.”