ROH World Champion Jay Lethal recently spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated to talk about various topics to promote the ROH Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view event at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada where he is slated to headline the show by defending his title against Will Ospreay.

Lethal takes being the world champion of the Baltimore-based promotion seriously and has a lot of pride in being the champ but also part of the company. He stated that he doesn’t know if he has been doing a better job than the champions before him as he doesn’t think he has topped anyone that has held the title up to this point in his reign but he does know that ROH is much bigger than in the past.

“The company is much healthier and bigger and better than it was when they were here, but I would never say I am better than they are. I do have a tremendous amount of pride for the company that had so much trust in me to make me the face of the company in and out of the ring—not just once, but twice. I still feel that I’m the face of the company whether or not I don the world title across my shoulder or around my waist.”

Lethal was also asked about joining the group, which he noted that if it’s up to him then he would say no. However, he did note that who knows what different opportunities will present themselves as he loves the fact that there is always that person to rival and go against them. He wants to be the one standing against them and every time that he faces one of the members of the group, it’s always something special. “If I have my way, I want to go against them.”