Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Wanderlei Silva Claims He’s Making $1 Million To Fight Rampage

42-year-old MMA legend Wanderlei Silva returns to the cage tonight (Sat. September 29, 2018). He’ll fight former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. The pair last fought one another almost 10 years ago at UFC 92. That fight resulted in a knockout win for Jackson.

Speaking to Combate ahead of Bellator 206 tonight, Silva revealed his true motivation behind rematching Jackson. It’s not the desire to avenge his knockout defeat to Rampage, but a $1 million payday offered by Bellator President Scott Coker (via MMA Mania):

“I was offered one million dollars,” said Silva. “Scott [Coker] called me up and said ‘I’ll give you a million dollars to fight Rampage’. I was like ‘I’m not doing anything anyway’. I’m already training again and I feel good. I’m going to do this fight and then I might fight again in December.”

Despite Silva losing to Jackson 10 years ago, that wasn’t the first time the pair played punch face. Jackson and Silva have matched-up three times before meeting tonight at Bellator 206. Silva defeated Jackson via knockout twice under the Pride banner.

Silva has admitted that money is his driving motivator this time around, but remains confident he has what it takes to prevent Jackson from tying their series:

“You can expect a great Wanderlei,” Silva said. “I feel well, training is going well. I’m more experience, I’m fighting more intelligently and aggressively. I think it’s going to be a great fight.

“He better train, because I’m sharp and I’m going for the knockout. I don’t know if he’ll be man enough to accept a striking match against me. I hope so. If he does, we’ll have a great fight.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Silva is a liar and he has taken too many shots to the head. Payouts are announced literally minutes after the fights. Silva made 200k to fight Rampage.