WWN announced on Tuesday that Joey Janela has been stripped of the WWN Championship due to injury. A tournament to crown the next WWN Champion will be held at the October 28th EVOLVE live event from Ybor City, Florida. Here’s the official word from WWN:

“WWN Champion Joey Janela suffered a major knee injury and will be on the sidelines for several months. Regretfully, WWN officials have no choice but to strip Janela of the WWN Championship. We wish Joey a full and quick recovery. We will welcome him back whenever he is ready.”

Janela was injured last weekend during a match against Psicosis for Gamechanger Wrestling. You can view footage of the injury here. He’ll be undergoing knee surgery soon and is expected to be out of action for 6-12 months.

Shortly after the injury, Joey Janela posted this addressing his fans:

Thank you Fans, Friends, Wrestlers & Promoters for reaching out the past few days, it’s really has gotten me through! ?? Really had no clue of how damaged it was but here’s the update to all that fun stuff! ? see you down the road, Take care! Love you all! pic.twitter.com/8tHBO8qBKz

— Bad Boy Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) September 26, 2018

Here’s the list, (not the good @IAmJericho one) impaction fracture of medial femoral condyle might be even worse then I thought… gonna find a good orthopedic to figure everything out!! I will keep everyone updated!!! pic.twitter.com/ZC2cVwfwLU

— Bad Boy Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) September 26, 2018