Joey Janela provided an update on his knee injury and it’s the last thing we wanted to hear. The Bad Boy has been keeping fans apprised of his condition after blowing out his knee last weekend during a match against Psicosis for Gamechanger Wrestling.

After being checked out by doctors last week, Janela posted this summary of exactly how bad the injury was:

• Complete or near complete PCL tear
  • Complete tear of the MCL distally
  • Impaction fracture of the medical femoral condyle
  • Mild bone contusion of the lateral tibial plateau
  • Sprain of the fibular collateral ligament
  • Partial tear of the medial patellofemoral ligament
  • ACL sprain
  • Small knee effusion

On Tuesday afternoon, Janela revealed that he’ll be going under the knife next week. His surgeon informed him this was an especially bad injury. The operation will keep him out of action for at least one year. It’s hard to put a positive spin on the situation aside from the fact that the injury is not career ending and Janela has proven himself to be as tough as they come. We wish Joey Janela a speedy recovery.

Well I met my surgeon today, it’s official I’ll be gone for atleast a year… even worse then I thought, really heartbroken. He said this one was is really bad, surgery next week… ? The voyage has never been easy for me, It's a long way to the top
If you wanna rock 'n' roll

— Bad Boy Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) October 2, 2018