Cody Rhodes is arguably one of the biggest stars on the independent scene right now. The former WWE Superstar is the IWGP United States Champion as well as the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion. Cody won both of these titles in an incredible September schedule. Rhodes spoke to WrestlingInc shortly after appearing at New Japan’s Fighting Spirit Unleashed event this past Sunday. Cody made the following comments regarding a potential WWE return.

“Everyone has different opinions and it’s hard to get the opinion of someone when it’s, ‘Hey what do you wanna do? What is the next thing you wanna do?'” Rhodes also referred to his colleagues in the Bullet Club stable and their future plans, stating that “There’s five of us that’s a core unit that plan to stick together and hopefully we can really do that. I don’t want to make any judgments as I’ve had a great time with these guys. I’d like The Elite to continue and I’d like to bring you guys something like an All In sequel.”

Cody also commented on performers having more power in 2018 than in previous years, stating that “there’s more wrestlers with no fear than ever before. I don’t fear anything. I don’t fear Vince McMahon, I don’t fear Triple H. I don’t fear Hunter [Johnston] from ROH. I don’t fear Gedo from [New Japan], I do the best job I can do and the guys I link up with do it the exact same way. And I think that’s good for wrestling.”

Rhodes finished the interview by insinuating that a WWE return in January is certainly not out of the question, stating that “Well my own promotion is still ROH. I know the big what-to-do is, oh, January 1 we are going to show up on WWE… Pretty possible.”

Cody becomes a free agent on January 1st.