On the latest edition of The Jim Ross Report, Good Ol’ JR gave his take on the current creative picture in WWE.

With Saturday’s Super Show-Down looming, Ross speculated as to why Triple H, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Kane anchored the go-home segment on this week’s Raw.

JR’s theory? Those in the office don’t believe that the younger talent is over to the level of the stars from a bygone era.

“I know that based on the ratings Monday night, they weren’t good. So something ain’t stirring the coffee,” Ross said.

Ross also mentioned that although he called the first episode of Smackdown with Jerry Lawler, he has not been asked to attend the upcoming landmark 1000th edition of the show. “No, I haven’t been invited back,” Ross said. “No, I’m not upset about it.”

JR also spoke to Kevin Kelly about New Japan’s Fighting Spirit Unleashed show, which match might headline Wrestle Kingdom in January, Switchblade Jay White, and Hiroshi Tanahashi’s resurgence.

In the course of the conversation with Kelly, Ross expressed an interest in doing more with New Japan. “I’m not getting any younger. Bottom line, so what are we waiting on?” Ross said.

Ross also outlined a discussion he had with his agent about pursuing more announcing work.

“Let’s be aggressive and look for opportunities where I can do what I love to do… It’s a matter of you live your life. And my life, it’s always for the last 40 years, been about wrestling.”

Other topics covered include JR’s thoughts on the Supreme Court, the Pittsburgh Steelers woes, and this weekend’s Conor McGregor fight.