Despite having spent most of the year accused of Joey Ryan’s murder, there appears to be significant interest from WWE toward Adam “Hangman” Page.

On the most recent edition of Being the Elite, Page received a gifted pair of boots and a note that read “Nice Try. If you want to be an assassin, try being more cerebral. – H”.

It was later reported that WWE has made an offer to Page recently, which BTE was spoofing. In an update to this story, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is noting Page has not turned the offer down.

“There has been serious WWE interest in Page in real life,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “He didn’t accept the offer but it was apparently more of a ‘needs time to decide answer.'”

Members of the Elite have said they will stick together as a group when most of them become free agents at the end of the year. Marty Scurll will not be a free agent and has already been confirmed for the G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden next year, however. It’s not clear how Scurll’s situation will impact the rest of the group.

Page did an interview with CBS Sports recently and made a point of stating they were not ruling any promotion out of their negotiations.

“I think as a collective, as a group, we have been able to change wrestling,” Page said. “I think, as a group, we are really on to something, and I think we wanna continue this. It would be a real disservice to everyone who has supported us and got us to this point if we were to abandon what we’ve built.”

“Which could conceivably happen anywhere. It could happen … You catch my drift. So I don’t want to, at any point, rule anything out. If you kinda catch my drift on that one.”