Kota Ibushi has a chance to become the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion tomorrow at King of Pro Wrestling. Ibushi will wrestle Kenny Omega and Cody in a triple threat match with the title on the line.

At a recent KOPW press-conference, Ibushi teased putting his career on the line in the match. His comments were transcribed by occasional NJPW World commentator and author, Chris Charlton.

“Wow! Ibushi: ‘Cody has a title, Kenny obviously is putting his title on the line. I have nothing to put on the line. So I want to put my wrestling career on the line here. That’s how much I want to have a legendary match.’”

The comments were made in such a way, however, that they likely shouldn’t be taken as a literal stipulation.

NJPW King of Pro Wrestling Lineup – October 8th, 2018

• IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match
    Kenny Omega vs. Cody vs. Kota Ibushi
  • G1 Briefcase
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
    KUSHIDA vs. Marty Scurll
  • EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano and Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, BUSHI, and a new LIJ member TBD
  • Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, and Will Ospreay vs. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi and Takashi Iizuka
  • The Young Bucks, Hangman Page and Chase Owens vs. Guerillas of Destiny, Bad Luck Fale and Taiji Ishimori
  • Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma vs. Juice Robinson and Toa Henare
    IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title Match
  • Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask