As we noted before the Undertaker recently gave a rare out of character interview to Ed Young where he talked about a number wrestling related topics.

During the interview, the Dead Man discussed the longevity of his career and attributed it to his ability to evolve his character over the years saying that to keep a gimmick relevant for so long, you have to keep your finger on the pulse of things.

Recalling the time when Vince McMahon called him, the former World Champion revealed Mr McMahon already had the gimmick in his mind for him and he inquired for the Undertaker when he called him about working for WWE:

“I got the call from Vince. The call was something like this. The phone rings. I pick it up. ‘Hello?’ ‘Is this The Undertaker?’ ‘Undertaker? Yeah, this is The Undertaker.’ ‘Haha! Alright then. Can you be up here tomorrow?’ And the next day I was on a plane. That was Vince, [he] called me. He had this character. The original character was based on an old western undertaker. at the time, people were just so enthralled with it because it was so different.”

Apart from this Taker also talked about various other things such as being approached by fans, getting annoyed when people try to hide the fact that they are photographing him and more. You can check out his full interview in the video below: