Paige suffered a career-ending injury during a Live Event in December last year, and she officially announced her retirement from in-ring competition during the Raw episode after WrestleMania 33.

Though she didn’t stay away from WWE Programming for long after retirement and the former NXT Star was introduced as the new General Manager of SmackDown on the Blue Branded Show the next night.

During a recent interview with TV Insider, Paige talked about a lot of things including having chemistry with the Miz and R Truth, paying attention to Miz’s promos and more.

While talking about her role as the SmackDown General Manager, the former Diva’s Champion claimed that she was pitching ideas at the time and Vince McMahon already had this position for her in mind:

“I actually pitched the idea, too. I knew a few months back that I pretty much wasn’t going to be wrestling anymore, so I was constantly pitching ideas of what I could do. Maybe I could manage someone and be the female Paul Heyman. I was constantly pitching. I think Vince [McMahon] already had the idea to make me general manager. That was his idea."

Apart from this, Paige also recalled how Shane McMahon helped her during the first two weeks as the GM of SmackDown Live and said that she has been having fun in the role.