It’s no secret that The Best Bout Machine, Kenny Omega, is a massive video game fan. He has attended numerous video game conventions and has even had competitive gaming confrontations against New Day member, Xavier Woods.
Even his finisher, The One-Winged Angel, takes inspiration from classic PlayStation game, Final Fantasy VII.

So it’s not a major surprise to see the current IWGP Heavyweight champion relaxing online, streaming on Twitch and enjoying some Super Mario Party.

It was during this stream, however, that he divulged new information regarding his current injury situation.

Omega suffered an unfortunate heel fracture during his recent war against Cody at the G1 Climax Special this past July.

Speaking candidly during the stream, Omega admitted that his foot is “doing much better,” before confessing that “It is my rib actually that is fractured right now. And I know it’s crazy, right? How do I keep getting injured?”

The champion continued to discuss his physical well-being, with only minor distraction from the colourful antics of Super Mario Party.

“[…] my ribs are in a bad way. But what can you do? I’m not one of those guys that likes to try to brag like ‘Hey, look, I’m injured,’ ‘I’m so tough, I’m going to keep fighting’ – it’s not like that at all. It’s just, you gotta do what you gotta do. I’m in a position right now – you just gotta go when you’re the champ. You can’t take days off.”