WWE Women’s Division Superstar and veteran Mickie James recently spoke to The Hype Magazine. James gave some interesting comments on RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey and her WWE progression thus far.

The WWE legend stated that “I think she’s come a long way since she debuted on WrestleMania. It’s tough because you go from being in the ring with Kurt Angle, Triple H, and Stephanie [McMahon]. Stephanie has so much heat. Fans love her and hate her and want to love to hate her.” James clarified her comments further by claiming that “you’re in there with the best of the best and then go from that platform into the women’s division, which is a whole other animal of the family.”

James also discussed how Ronda has adapted to the road and locker room, stating that “In terms of the locker room and on the road together and us always working together to create these moments and matches. While trying to understand that cycle, but I think she’s working hard and she’s trying hard.” Mickie also felt that “it’s a different world for her and I think it’s a different dynamic in the sense of that we’re all competitive, clearly, but we’re also all a family and we all must work together. You are only as good as the person in there lets you be at the end of the day. Hopefully, they are professional enough to let you do that.”

James also compared Ronda’s career in Mixed Martial Arts to Pro Wrestling, saying that “I think that’s probably the biggest difference for her, that and to understand that nobody is out to get her.” I think that she’s trying hard and I’m sure that it’s a different world for her to get adapted to and she’s recognizing that this is a whole different animal. I think she loves it here in the WWE.”