Khabib Nurmagomedov’s stock has risen tremendously. “The Eagle” defeated Conor McGregor earlier this month (Sat. October 6, 2018) to retain his UFC lightweight title. After the fight, Khabib stole headlines when he jumped the Octagon and sparked a huge post-fight brawl between both teams.

He is currently at odds with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) and UFC. The Russian phenom has even threatened to leave the UFC recently. If so, it looks like he’d be interested in a boxing career. Khabib may not be known for his striking abilities, however, he did knock down Conor McGregor during their fight.

The lightweight champion is so confident, in fact, he thinks he’s ready to box Floyd Mayweather Jr. McGregor boxed Mayweather last year but was finished via TKO in the 10th round. Speaking to Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe recently, Khabib called for a battle of the undefeateds between himself and “Money” (via MMA Fighting):

“Hey, let’s go, Floyd,” Nurmagomedov said. “We have to fight now. 50-0 vs. 27-0. Two guys never lose. Let’s go. Why not? Because in the jungle, only one king. Only one king. Of course, I am the king because he cannot drop McGregor but I drop him easily. Let’s go!”

Mayweather caught wind of this and has since responded:

“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out! Go to Leonard Ellerbe’s page to view Khabib Nurmagomedov challenging me. Let’s make Las Vegas great again!”

Mayweather’s boxing bout with McGregor back in August ended up being the second highest grossing pay-per-view of all time. “Money” recently claimed he’s coming out of retirement to fight Manny Pacquiao in a rematch. Time will tell if he sticks to his plan. Given the rocky relationship between the UFC and Showtime, it’s unlikely that the promotion will want to deal with a situation like this again.

Mayweather has a perfect professional boxing record of 50-0. Nurmagomedov is 27-0 in mixed martial arts. If there’s even a chance of this bout taking place, then Mayweather is almost guaranteed to make it a boxing match.