The Road to Power Struggle has only just begun, but NJPW isn’t pumping the brakes on one of pro wrestling’s hottest commodities as Chris Jericho returns to defend his IWGP Intercontinental Championship against EVIL on November 3rd in Osaka at NJPW’s Power Struggle event.

In a new video uploaded to the NJPW YouTube channel, Chris Jericho shared his thoughts on his opponent for the championship clash.

“Why EVIL?” Jericho asked. “Sometimes things present themselves to you. After I beat Naito in Osaka in June, EVIL came to the ring to get inside my business. To try and make a name for himself. To try and be on the same level as Chris Jericho. EVIL, that’s not possible.”

Jericho actually spoke highly of the King Of Darkness, who he assaulted in a surprise attack at New Japan’s recent King Of Pro Wrestling event, saying “[…] I like the fact that you put yourself out on the line. I like the fact that you came down and showed some balls.

So EVIL, for you to come down to the ring and attack me in June in Osaka, I was very impressed. And I didn’t forget. And I was waiting for the right time to make my move. To surprise you, to embarrass you, and to teach you a lesson.”

“It’s the biggest match of your career, EVIL,” Jericho claimed. “And it’s just another match for me. It’s fine. You’re just another guy on the list of people that I’ve beaten over and over again, from The Undertaker to Naito, to Shawn Michaels to Eddie Guerrero. Now, EVIL. You get to join the list, man.

“You get to be on that prestigious list of people who got beaten by the greatest of all time. That’s good for you, and that’s always bad for you. Because I’m going to kick the shit out of you, EVIL,” he promised. “I’m going to teach you a lesson. […] you’ll walk out of there a bigger star, I’m going to make you famous, I promise that – but I’m also going to beat you. November 3rd in Osaka, I will fear no evil.”