Unfortunately, New Japan Pro Wrestling officials have decided that it’s best for Will Ospreay to being removed from the Road to Power Struggle tour due to a rib injury.

The promotion made the announcement overnight as it was noted that Ospreay will miss the tour to “focus on the NEVER Openweight Championship match” that will see him take on Taichi at Power Struggle in Osaka on November 3.

It should also be pointed out that as a result of this, Taichi won’t be competing on the tour due to Ospreay’s absence. This means that the scheduled matches between Ospreay and Taichi from October 19 to November 1 won’t be taking place.

The injury that the young rising wrestling star suffered was when he landed badly during his match against Chris Ridgeway for Revolution Pro Wrestling this past Sunday. After getting an x-ray on his ribs, it showed that he didn’t suffer any breaks, according to longtime pro wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer. Now, he just needs time to heel up.

Ospreay tweeted about having to miss this tour when he wrote, “Once again I’m really sorry guys. This is up there with the worst pain I’ve ever been in. Promise once I’m ready to come back, I’m picking up where I left off.”

Ospreay has also been pulled from the December 6th Fight Forever Wrestling event as the promotion wrote the following on their official Twitter account:

“Some unfortunate news. @WillOspreay has suffered an injury and will not be able to compete at Phenomena on Dec 6th. Let’s band together to send Will our best wishes, and hope he takes the time to rest up and recover. We will soon be announcing a new opponent for @CodyRhodes.”