Chris Jericho was added and then removed from the Casket match against the Undertaker at the Greatest Royal Rumble event that took place earlier this year.

The known reason for this change was that the Saudi Prince asked for Rusev to be in the bout and so he was re-added, however, Jericho himself thinks differently.

Inside the Ropes recently released footage from a Chris Jericho interview in which he talks about the show and says that Vince McMahon probably removed him from the bout because of his NJPW appearance:

“I would think that possibly knowing Vince, from once again New Japan is an enemy. if it’s gonna make any difference? No, but to him like I said if it takes one buy from Network that goes to New Japan World, it’s the enemy.

I think that he probably thought ‘i’m not gonna put Jericho in this highlight match where he has the chance to steal the show, I know him and Undertaker will kill it. I don’t wanna do that’

I was going to show up in New Japan TV a week later and that makes sense to me [because] it’s a f*cking war. and I think that’s probably what happened and I think it was the right call in his mind”

What do you think about this and could this have been the real reason why WWE removed Y2J from the casket match at their previous Saudi Arabia show? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.

You can check out the released footage which also features Jericho talking about his Saudi Arabia trip and revealing some interesting stories from it below: