John Bradshaw Layfield recently appeared on Fox News to discuss the controversy surrounding WWE’s planned Crown Jewel event. The former WWE Champion didn’t mince words, stating his belief WWE needs to follow through with the planned event as scheduled.

“My personal opinion is that they should go (to Saudi Arabia),” stated JBL. “Look at what we did with Cuba. You isolate a country all you do is impoverish that country. You want to promote change? WWE went to Abu Dhabi, did the first women’s match that had ever happened in the Middle East. The crowd was chanting, in English, ‘This is Change’.”

He continued to blame the Senators for trying to improve their approval ratings.

Eric Bischoff and Alundra Blayze/Madusa chimed in to say they approve of JBL’s reasoning.

Bravo @JCLayfield! Bravo.

— Eric Bischoff (@EBischoff) October 16, 2018

Best promo ever! However not one of your best days?

— Madusa/AlundraBlayze (@Madusa_rocks) October 16, 2018

WWE’s planned Crown Jewel event is scheduled for November 3rd in Saudi Arabia. Recently several US Senators have spoken out regarding the event.

“I would hope that WWE will recognize on its own a conscience and conviction if there is proof that Saudi officials approved and ordered this kind of killing, and I would lean first on the United States government to do its duty so that it can lead private interests like WWE, and the first place to look is to the United States of America,” stated Senator Richard Blumenthal recently.