According to multiple reports, wrestling legend Dick Slater has passed away at 67 years-old. The National Wrestling Alliance paid tribute to Slater through their social media channels:

“The National Wrestling Alliance sends its deepest sympathies and condolences to the family, friends and fans of Dick Slater. As tough as they come. A decorated champion of the @NWA across every territory he wrestled including being United States, Mid-Atlantic and TV champion.”

Tommy Dreamer also sent out the following:

Dirty Dick Slater was an awesome wrestler
Champion in many territories
I wrestled him for 22mins & he never said 1 word to me
Accept good job kid
RIP

— Tommy Dreamer (@THETOMMYDREAMER) October 18, 2018

Slater wrestled professionally from 1972 to 1996. He finished up his career wrestling in WCW. Throughout his run in the territory system, Slater won numerous NWA championships. He is a 4x Georgia Heavyweight Champion, 2x NWA Macon Heavyweight Champion, 1x NWA United States Champion, 1x NWA Mid-Atlantic Champion, 2x NWA TV Champion, 2x NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion, and a former NWA Brass Knuckles Champion.

Slater and Dusty Rhodes were a team briefly. They won the NWA Florida Tag-Team Championships once as well. Slater would win the same tag-team titles along with 3 other partners too.

Sad to hear that Dick Slater passed away this morning at age 67. One hell of a worker, and promo man. Go with God my friend.?

— Les Thatcher (@LesThatcher) October 18, 2018