Kevin Owens underwent knee surgery recently and it looks like the former Universal Champion will be out of action longer than expected. According to a report from the Wrestling Observer, Owens isn’t expected back until February or March.

“Kevin Owens had double knee surgery,” Dave Meltzer said. “The damage in his left knee was worse than expected but they’re hopeful late February – early March return. So, that’s sort of the timetable for what it is. He didn’t have full-blown reconstructive surgery on either knee but it was serious in the left knee especially.”

Owens underwent knee surgery in 2015 and 2017 as well.

The current timetable for Owens’ return is just before WrestleMania. He’ll have little time to build up a program, however. Owen’s best friend, Sami Zayn, is expected back in WWE around the same time as Owens. Zayn had surgery on both his shoulders recently and has been out of action since the summer. He spoke with Sports Illustrated regarding his injury:

“I was apprehensive [at WWE Money in the Bank], but it was still manageable,” Zayn said. “It’s just so weird how you get so used to what we do: I could go in there and wrestle main events on Live Events for 25-30 minutes, but I couldn’t really get the sheets off me in bed. It’s weird how that works. Your body just adapts. And I guess my body’s used to being in the ring and that kind of punishment.”