On the latest episode of The Jim Ross Report, Good Ol’ JR gave his take on the likelihood of Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks leaving the ROH and NJPW promotions in January.

Ross also discussed Impact’s Bound For Glory, Evolution, and much more.

Jim Ross On Kenny Omega And The Young Bucks

“As I said early on, the card for the Ring of Honor Madison Square Garden Show, with New Japan, will probably look entirely different then, compared to what one would assume it look like if it was booked today,” Ross said. “I think there’s gonna be a lot of movement with some of the biggest stars in the game.”

While not betraying anyone’s confidence, Ross implied that his opinion is informed, and not just speculation. “Just picking up a little bit here, a little bit there, and I’ll keep you apprised,” Ross said.

“I’m talking to a lot of these cats that have opportunities to do other things, casually… I think some people’s motors are running and the wheels are turning,”
he said.

JR On Bound For Glory

Ross also gave his take on Impact’s Bound For Glory event. Specifically, he discussed the angle involving Johnny Impact and Austin Aries.

“It was a creatively structured event. Got a lot of people talking. I’m guessing that was the goal, because I’ve never known Austin Aries to be unprofessional in anything,” Ross said. “I love what they did because it got people talking about a show that needed positive verbal reinforcement.”

WWE Evolution

JR also discussed the upcoming WWE Evolution show. He strongly put over Nikki Bella and Ronda Rousey’s segment from Raw this past Monday, and gave his thoughts on a potential match order for the event.

“I would pick Charlotte and Becky to close the show, in spectacular fashion, with death-defying athleticisism and physicality, and I would open the show with the tag match, Lita and Trish against Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. That’s a lot of star power and it gets people emotionally invested early,” he said.

Drew McIntyre

Ross offered some insight into Drew McIntyre’s booking, his potential, and his future. “It’s really clear to me now that the brass in WWE fully realize how great McIntyre can be as their top champion.”

JR posited that McIntyre may be headed for a coronation at the upcoming WrestleMania. “Let’s all keep our eye on Drew McIntyre and how he’s booked between now and WrestleMania,” he said.

“If my intuitions are right, and what seems to be the general direction WWE may be traveling right now, McIntyre is destined for greatness in the most supreme way.”

Other topics Ross covered on the show include the booking of Braun Strowman and what he would do differently, Bobby Lashley as a heel, Smackdown 1000, and the controversy surrounding Crown Jewel. The show also contains the second part of JR’s chat with Matt Hardy.