This past week saw the 1000th episode of WWE Smackdown air with a litany of stars from the show’s past. One of the biggest talking points came when Evolution reunited and Batista seemingly goaded Triple H into a match at some point down the line.

Cameras caught up with ‘The Animal’ following the segment and he made some comments on his WWE return. “It was alright, it probably could have gone a little better, but I think considering how nervous I was.” Batista then revealed what he said to WWE owner Vince McMahon before getting in front of the camera; “I told Vince how nervous I was, he said, ‘When you go out there, just tell them, be honest and speak from the heart.’ First thing I said, ‘I’m nervous’ because I was. I didn’t want to pull any punches, I was nervous, man.”

Batista also commented on making his return with the Evolution stable, stating that “It’s a special thing with Evolution, it’s just a special group,” Batista elaborated on this saying that “I know it’s a newer audience, but they can feel it. There’s a special vibe between all of us, there always has been, there always will be. So, it’s a timeless energy.”

The Animal finished by stating that “I miss it here, I miss the energy, the immediate feedback,” Batista continued. “We’ll see where it goes, but it was quite an honor to be a part of this, especially since it was in my hometown.”