Alexa Bliss recently appeared on Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia to talk about various topics including WWE originally announcing that she would face WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus at the upcoming Evolution pay-per-view event and how she found out about it.

The former WWE RAW Women’s Champion brought up how she always wanted a singles match against Stratus and has said that in several interviews. She found out about the match on Twitter and thought it was fake at first but then realized it was real once WWE tweeted about it. She continued by stating, “We didn’t know we would be facing each other. It was made into a tag match” She thinks it’s awesome because what’s better than being in the ring with one legend. She thinks being in the ring with Lita, Stratus and Mickie James is cool and excited for it.

Bliss was also asked why she thinks that this match was turned into a tag team match where it will now be Lita and Stratus vs. Bliss and James. “I have no idea. I know there was a lot of speculation on social media because I was injured or this,” she said.

Bliss would continue by stating that she thinks it was just the direction that WWE wanted to go in because they were told about it earlier in the day before it was made public. She added that no reason was given but that it’s exciting as she feels like it needed to be done because of Trish and Mickie’s history.

“I feel like that saw that from a creative standpoint and saw the value in that and wanted to go with it.” She added that there wasn’t anything that happened that turned it into a tag match but instead, thinks it was just what they wanted to do.