Volkan Oezdemir understands why Jon Jones is getting another shot at the UFC light heavyweight title.

Jones will take on Alexander Gustafsson in a rematch for the 205-pound gold. Daniel Cormier is the UFC light heavyweight champion, but that’ll change the moment Jones vs. Gustafsson II begins. “Bones” and “The Mauler” will do battle inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Dec. 29. The title bout will headline UFC 232.

During a recent edition of the Eurobash podcast, Oezdemir explained why he doesn’t agree with Jones’ title opportunity even though he understands it:

“In a certain way I feel bad for ‘DC’ getting stripped because I think he was about to defend the belt before he retired. He has the belt at heavyweight too, so I feel bad for him. About the situation with [Jones’] cleared test…they cleared him from the sanction and they said whatever happened with the test…I guess if he’s cleared he gets a chance to get his own belt back. I can understand the decision [to let Jones fight for the title], but I don’t buy the story. We’ll see. I’m also happy he’s back because he can continue to fight and make a living out of it. It’s cool that he’s back and he’s able to fight, I’ll be waiting for him to get my fight [against him].”

“No Time” could find himself fighting for the light heavyweight title again with a win over Anthony Smith. Oezdemir and Smith will collide this Saturday night (Oct. 27) at UFC Moncton.