There are a ton of differences between today’s era of professional wrestling and that of WWE Hall Of Famer Mick Foley‘s. Foley is a three-time WWE Champion and competed in an era full of elite professional wrestling talents. He shared the ring with the likes of The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and many more.

Today, top stars and fan-favorites within WWE include the likes of Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, and Seth Rollins. While today’s talent might not have the same amount of game-changing charisma as some of the stars of the Attitude Era, the quality of in-ring work certainly has evolved over the years. Foley recently addressed this during an interview with Wrestling Inc. When asked what he’d change in today’s era of professional wrestling, Foley provided an interesting answer.

He stated that he’d like to change the perception that talents need to do spectacular maneuvers inside the ring in order to have a good match:

“That is a tough question,” Foley said. “I think the perception that a match can only be great if it has spectacular moves or multiple false finishes. I think there’s more than one way to have a great match.

“I think Superstars are pigeon-holed into delivering what fans have come to expect of what a great match should be. So, I think it’s just a matter of conditioning people and having guys out there willing to take chances.”