Evil isn’t too intimidated about taking on Chris Jericho on Saturday. The LIJ member will be looking to win the IWGP Intercontinental Championship for the second time when he takes on Jericho at Power Struggle in Osaka.

NJPW1972.com sat down with Evil for an interview recently.

“Jericho’s undeniably a big name,” Evil said. “But he’s a big name. As a wrestler he’s done. A faded superstar is still a ‘superstar’ I guess.”

Jericho has said that by facing him, Evil will become a star. Evil disputes this, however.

“Jericho’s going round saying ‘by facing me you’ll become famous’ ‘you’ll be a star’ ‘your career will skyrocket just by sharing a ring with me’,” Evil continued. “Ok fine. Here’s what I’ll do. I’ll take everything you’ve done, all you’ve achieved, everybody you’ve beaten and use that to make you the biggest stepping stone you can imagine. And, as I step on you, I’ll plunge you into darkness!”

Evil called out Jericho not long after Jericho took the title from Tetsuya Naito at Dominion in Osaka back in June. Jericho then jumped Evil before he was able to take on Zack Sabre Jr at King of Pro Wrestling. Saturday will be Jericho’s first attempted title defense of the belt.