Pro Wrestling NOAH has announced that Doug Williams will be heading to the promotion for one final bout. The British wrestling legend appeared in a retirement bout for PROGRESS at Wembley Arena back in September.

Williams spoke to SportBible before the retirement bout against Trent Seven and made these comments:

“It was more their decision than mine,” Williams said. “They approached me with doing a different kind of storyline, which was a disgruntled veteran that was bitter about the new guys taking over. But I switched it on them and said I’m thinking about retiring next year anyway, why don’t we do a storyline that could culminate in that possibly happening?”

Williams will be taking part in a Special single match against Ogawa Yoshinari. The bout will be taking place on December 16th at Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium. This will be Doug’s first bout in NOAH in around a decade.

Williams started working as a teenager in the 90s with NWA UK Hammerlock. He was then a member of the Ring of Honor roster started their first year in 2002. He would remain with the promotion until 2007.

By 2009, he had already appeared with Impact Wrestling a few times. The promotion would then make the UK a bigger priority and Williams was cast in the British Invasion faction.

Earlier this month, Williams had a chance to earn an NWA World Heavyweight Championship match against Cody but lost to Nick Aldis.