Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Tommy Dreamer Voices Support For Crown Jewel Event

Hardcore wrestling legend, Tommy Dreamer, posted his thoughts regarding Crown Jewel to his Facebook page recently. He compared the show to two other wrestling events which took place under a large public spotlight due to major world news events.

Dreamer was part of the WWE roster in 2001 when the company put on the first large public gathering following 9/11. He talked about that experience and also in regards to WCW’s shows in North Korea in 1995.

Tommy Dreamer Facebook Post

“In 1995 WCW went to North Korea
    over 150,000 fans attended
    All the political turmoil was put aside
    People were united for a moment in time through professional wrestling
    I was part of the 1st LIVE gathering after 9/11
    I was confused, scared, angry
    It was Vince McMahon who told everyone it was our choice if we wanted to perform and he said Its our jobs(the wrestlers) to help put smiles on people faces and help people heal.
    I cried when Lillian Garcia sang The National Anthem. I felt patriotism for the first time.

The most horrific event on US soil that changed all of our lives and it was wrestling for me (then baseball Mike Piazza HR) that helped me heal. We will never forget but we did smile & begin to heal as a community. A wrestling community.
    I know the world was different in 1995 and before 9/11/2001 social media wasnt as strong as it is. Peoples agendas weren’t pushed,
    Just giving my opinion of wrestling and the entire WWE Saudi Arabia show
    From my personal perspective
    We never stopped something in our country when something horrible happened.
    All the wrestlers that I know that went said they had a great time and the kids made it worth it.
    Putting smiles on peoples faces is our job
    Thank you Vince”

The 2-night event in April of 1995 was attended by over 150,000 each show. Antonio Inoki faced Ric Flair in the main event. Hawk, the Steiner Brothers, Chris Benoit, Yuji Nagata, and several others performed on the shows.

WWE filmed an episode of Smackdown just two days after September 11th, 2001. The show was filmed in Houston and it was a decision between the mayor of Houston and Vince McMahon which is said to have determined the show would take place.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I get that Dreamer likes to stay on Vinces good side so Vince doesnt crush his indy league but comparing the post 9-11 show to doing a show solely for money in a country that basically hates women and kills people who oppose it is quite a stretch.