Kenny Omega recently appeared at New Japan’s Power Struggle event in Osaka, Japan. The IWGP Heavyweight Champion teamed with Kota Ibushi to defeat Hiroshi Tanahashi and David Finlay.

Tanahashi won the G1 Climax tournament earlier this year and is set to face Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom on January 4th.

During a post match interview Omega made some scathing comments about Tanahashi. The Champion stated that “I’ve skipped out on this tour to focus on my other goals, my other dreams, my aspirations. People keep saying ‘Kenny, you’re a terrible champion. WHY aren’t you making the small shows?’ I’ll tell you why, I’m a business man at heart. When it comes to business, you have to make your challengers look credible. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. I show up Tana, you get the big L. You look like a big L. Does he look like the challenger of the Tokyo Dome main event? No. I am trying to do you a service, I am trying to do this whole company a favour. I’m trying to allow you to pad your record and look really strong going into January 4th. But you call me out and you get the Golden Lovers.”