Tetsuya Naito says he has no interest in going to WWE. According to a recent report from Tokyo Sports, Naito turned down a WWE offer back in June after NJPW Dominion.

“I didn’t even give it thought,” Naito said. “This New Japan ring is already the world’s number 1 stage. The fans know this. That’s why I think we should focus on our home crowd before looking international.”

NJPW commentator, Chris Charlton, offered up translations of the report online.

Naito received a WWE offer after Dominion and turned it down. ‘I didn’t even give it thought. This New Japan ring is already the world’s number 1 stage. The fans know this. That’s why I think we should focus on our home crowd before looking international’

— chris charlton (@reasonjp) November 6, 2018

Naito would then turn the focus of the conversation to his rival and pending Wrestle Kingdom opponent, Chris Jericho.

“You should understand that I have no interest in ‘WWE Superstar’ Chris Jericho ring,” Naito continued. “What I want to do is get revenge for what happened in a New Japan ring, in a New Japan ring.”

Normally LIJ members have a contentious relationship with Tokyo Sports. Frequently in the past, Naito and other LIJ members have left the media outlet alone at the table to pay for their meals after an interview.

Chris Jericho turned down Tetsuya Naito’s challenge for an Intercontinental Championship match after Power Struggle on Saturday. Despite this, NJPW officially announced the match during yesterday’s press conference.

Jericho then took to social media to remind NJPW he did not accept Naito’s challenge.

“Hey @njpw1972, just because you “announce” a match, doesn’t mean I have to accept it. NOT APPROVED.”