NJPW announced recently that they have reached a deal with Don Callis for him to return on commentary. Callis and NJPW were seemingly on the outs not long after King of Pro Wrestling. With Callis a senior management member with Impact, he’s not always available for NJPW shows and it appeared the company was moving forward without him.

Callis addressed the situation on his “Killin the Town Podcast” released today.

“I am going back to New Japan,” Callis said. “So, for all the people out there who were claiming I’d been fired and that they didn’t want to use me anymore, that sort of thing. There were some people who said that and had all sorts of reasons for it that they would speculate about. As I said before, I’m busy enough that it’s not that I didn’t notice I wasn’t going back but I hadn’t given it a lot of thought because I’d been so busy.”

Callis would then continued to talk about NJPW reaching out to him to bring him back to the commentary booth.

“They reached out to me and we had a discussion,” Callis continued. “I don’t think I’m telling any tales out of school but they were quite intent on getting me back and I love the company and I love the boys in the back and I like the product. So, once we were able to resolve everything to mutual satisfaction I made a deal to go back.”

He then announced he would be back with the company November 17th and 18th for the shows in Tokyo.