Eddie Alvarez says he’s thrilled to be a part of the ONE Championship Lightweight Grand Prix.

Alvarez has held gold in the UFC and Bellator. Now, he has his sights set on the ONE Championship lightweight title. The promotion recently upped the ante by announcing a grand prix for the 155-pound division. Now, Alvarez gets a chance to hold the ONE Championship lightweight title and a trophy.

BJPenn.com caught up with Alvarez to get his thoughts on the ONE Championship Lightweight Grand Prix. Here’s what “The Underground King” said:

“I had the same reaction you guys did. I’ve been a tournament fighter my whole life. I heard it for the first time when you guys heard it [at Wednesday’s ONE: HEART OF THE LION press conference in Singapore]. I’m excited. I’ve never lost a fight tournament. I think there’s an amount of integrity involved in mixed martial arts, and that’s taken away when guys are marketable. A guy who’s more marketable may get an opportunity before a guy who is a better fighter but is not as marketable. This is the best way to truly find out who is the best lightweight division.”

Alvarez is indeed no stranger to tournaments. He has competed in tournaments under the Dream and Bellator banners. He couldn’t compete in the finals of the Dream grand prix due to an eye injury. He did, however, win the Bellator season one lightweight tournament.