Flip Gordon’s popularity has grown considerably this last year. Much of that can be attributed to his frequent appearances on Being the Elite. The 26-year-old spoke to Wrestling Inc recently on a variety of subjects recently. Perhaps most notably, however, Flip addressed the possibility of the Elite leaving ROH and what that could mean for him.

“If they do leave, anything can happen,” Gordon said. “There’s so much time between now and whenever whatever’s supposed to happen. If they leave, that just opens up more opportunities. Just like when I came to ROH, there were a lot of guys that left. That’s why I got to where I am so fast, because these opportunities were available for me.”

If the Elite do leave ROH, Gordon could possibly be pegged as a new top-guy for the promotion. He also addressed the possibility of becoming the “face of ROH” during the interview.

“That is my goal,” He continued. “I re-signed with ROH and I’m with them until 2020. I knew that when I signed the contract, this is a commitment. Two years I’m with ROH. So if people leave, great! That is just more opportunities for me. If they stay, great! That’s even harder I have to work then because I still want those spots.”