Rising UFC light heavyweight contender Anthony Smith is focused on winning a title. Smith comes off a submission victory over former 205-pound title challenger Volkan Oezdemir. After the victory, Smith called for a light heavyweight title opportunity. Currently, the UFC’s light heavyweight title picture is in an interesting state.

Daniel Cormier is the current champion of the division. However, Jon Jones will face Alexander Gustafsson in the main event of UFC 232 next month (Sat. December 29, 2018). The winner will be crowned the new 205-pound champion, with “DC” being stripped of the title. If Smith wants the next title shot, he’ll likely be facing the winner of that fight.

But there’s still the possibility Smith has to go through one more top-tier light heavyweight before getting a title nod. Smith has been speaking a lot about Jon Jones lately, who he wholeheartedly believes he can defeat. However, speaking at UFC Denver over the weekend, Smith said he “doesn’t give a sh*t about Jon Jones.”

He’s simply focused on winning a UFC Championship:

“I think some of the things I say bother him, because I think it’s true,” Smith said. “I’m not one of these guys trying to build any animosity with Jon. I don’t give a (expletive) about Jon Jones. It’s about the title to me. Likely, he’s going to be the one that has it, I would guess, so he’s the one people ask the questions about.

“The things that bother Jon are when people ask me if I think he cheats. Yeah, I do. It’s a failed drug test. How can you argue that? He’s been suspended twice for (performance-enhancing drug) use.

“I’m not the only one talking about Jon Jones. I don’t know what his deal is, but I honestly don’t give a (expletive).”