Former WWE World and Tag Team Champion Sheamus recently spoke with Donagh Corby of Irish Mirror where he talked about various topics including a potential return to his Irish independent wrestling roots.

This is where he gave some high praise for the current state of Irish independent wrestling by stating that it’s amazing right now as Joe Cabray is doing a phenomenal job because he’s an entrepreneur and he had a bigger vision.

Sheamus continued by stating that Cabray wasn’t comfortable in America and he just loves wrestling and knew what it could be capable of in Ireland.

“I think all of that is very good for young wrestlers back home. Even if you look at WWE we have five Irish people involved if you count Jordan Devlin on NXT UK and Fit Finlay producing as well as myself, Becky Lynch and Finn Balor.”

Sheamus hopes to follow in the footsteps of Balor, who made a surprise appearance at an OTT show in 2016 but knows it’s just a matter of actually getting home as he doesn’t get the chance to be home much. “When I was back last time I missed a show because I had just got back.”