Over the past weekend, IWGP United States Champion Cody announced that he suffered a knee injury during Ring Of Honor’s show in Buffalo. Cody said he heard a pop in his knee while traveling through the crowd, teasing a t-shirt toss. He hoped he would still be able to compete at yesterday’s ROH “Global Wars: Toronto” card.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case. Cody announced he was forced to withdraw from his scheduled IWGP United States Title defense against Beretta due to his knee injury. He then sought medical attention to his knee to determine the severity of the injury. Cody has now provided fans with an update.

Giving the good news first, Cody noted his MCL, PCL, and ACL are all structurally sound. The bad news, however, was that doctors determined his meniscus is “fairly damaged” and will require a scope. Cody also said that no dates have been adjusted quite yet, but acknowledged he would be able to compete at Wrestle Kingdom 13 and “ROH: Final Battle.”

Check out Cody’s full statement, along with some photos of his knee getting worked on, below:

“GOOD news is my doctor is fairly confident that my mcl/pcl/acl are structurally sound.

“BAD news is the meniscus is fairly damaged, gonna’ require a scope. No dates will be adjusted at the moment, and I’ll definitely still compete in the final battle main event & at WK.”