It appears that Good Ol’ JR, Jim Ross, may be wrapping up vocal duties for AXS TV, bringing an end to his stint as an NJPW English commentator.

Initially announced in January 2016, Jim Ross would go on to partner with MMA star (and self-professed geek) Josh Barnett to provide English commentary for a delayed version of the New Japan product, catering to an ever growing American audience.

He would go on to provide commentary for numerous live New Japan shows taking place on American soil, including Fighting Spirit Unleashed in Long Beach, California.
Expiration Dates

Ross is still currently signed under two separate contracts, one for AXS TV and one for the WWE. His AXS TV contract expires on December 31st this year and, with the WWE contract still intact until March 31st 2019, it’s unlikely that we will be hearing Jim Ross’ voice accompany the action of Wrestle Kingdom 13 when it takes place on January 4th.

Once April 1st rolls around, however, Ross will once again be a free agent, giving him freedom of movement and choice as to who he continues to commentate for.

Taking to Twitter, JR confirmed that he was on his way for a final recording session for AXS TV:

I’m reluctantly heading to #LAX this week for my final voiceover session with @AXSTV as these 3 shows will take us to the end of the year when my contract ends.

Thanks @Adamswift34 @dannyzack & the entire crew. ?

More Wednesday on a new..

— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) November 13, 2018