We only recently reported an update on Jason Jordan and his optimistic outlook regarding his chances at returning to the squared circle as an in-ring competitor.

Unfortunately, Dave Meltzer has since remarked on Jordan’s current health condition and, according to him, it doesn’t look good.

“I don’t know that it’s over for sure but it’s been a long time,” Meltzer said. “He’s been out for 10 months? Is that about right? It’s been a long time. Obviously, it’s not a good sign that he’s been out for this long.”

Although by no means a final declaration on Jordan’s chances, it is a concerning observation nonetheless — especially if Jason is pushing himself to heal and rehab with focused ambitions on returning.

The former American Alpha star was at the beginning of a major singles push that would have propelled him into the WWE’s main event picture, with feuds against Seth Rollins at WrestleMania having been planned. He was also revealed to be the (storyline) son of none other than Kurt Angle.

It was via that storyline that the WWE was able to write Jordan off of Raw. Having lost the tag titles in January, his in-ring activity was pared down dramatically over February. The WWE then had Kurt Angle send him home, allowing a very hurt Jordan an opportunity to receive neck surgery.

Hopefully, it’s not as serious as speculated, and that Jason Jordan’s recent Tweet, full of hope and optimism over his future and potential return, can become a reality.

I’m ready to attack this week and make huge improvements! I’ve been trying to keep my eye on the prize and look at the big picture. I’m still on the road to recovery and I’m very optimistic about getting back to where I belong!

— Jason Jordan (@JasonJordanJJ) November 11, 2018