Becky Lynch won’t get to face Ronda Rousey this Sunday at Survivor Series but the reigning WWE Smackdown women’s champion may have just won the war of words.

In promotion of their upcoming match, Lynch and Rousey had been trading barbs over social media for the past couple of weeks until it was determined the ‘Irish Lass Kicker’ would be unable to compete due to injuries suffered during a segment on Monday Night Raw this past week.

Lynch caught a punch from Nia Jax that left her with a broken nose and a concussion, which ruled her out of the match against Rousey on Sunday. Charlotte Flair will now take her place but Lynch still had her fangs out on Wednesday when exchanging messages with Rousey over Twitter.

Rousey unleashed a message of her own earlier in the day along with a quote from fellow UFC veteran Nate Diaz that said ‘if you can’t make it to war, you lose the war, you ain’t bout this life’.

Lynch then returned fire with a savage response that referenced Rousey’s loss to Holly Holm in the UFC where she suffered a brutal second round head kick knockout and then largely disappeared for the next year until she booked her next fight.

Ronnie, TL/DR. When I got my face broke I got up, owned you THEN showed up the next day looking to fight some more. When you got your face broke you hid for a year under your blankie. Your mind is as weak as your jaw, & I’m going to move heaven & earth to come destroy them both.

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) November 14, 2018

A lot of mixed martial arts fans had wondered if WWE would ever blur the lines between fiction and reality when it came to Rousey’s fight career, especially considering the way it ended with back-to-back knockout losses.

It appears the gloves are off now with Lynch taking a direct shot at Rousey following her knockout loss to Holm in 2015.

All of this back and forth should only serve to further hype the ongoing rivalry between the two women’s wrestlers, especially when Lynch is able to compete again.