Triple H took part in a media conference call on Wednesday to promote this Saturday’s NXT TakeOver: WarGames II event in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center on the WWE Network where he spoke with several media members about various topics.

One media reporter asked about what they learned from bringing back the WarGames match last year. Triple H stated that it was three different groups involved in last year’s show and that Saturday’s version will have a traditional side with two teams and a straighter format. He stated that he was thrilled with last year as he thought they took an amazing concept and modernized it slightly for today. He brought up how there was some debate about the roof on the cage and it’s limiting for talent but believes that last year proved that it can be a very exciting format that can showcase the talent and all of their abilities.

“I’m really excited for it. I’m more excited about the things we did right last year that showcased talent in a way that was extremely positive. I think everybody, for the most part, walked away from that night with a positive experience of War Games and I think they will again this year. I’m looking forward to making this into a franchise and a brand for NXT and WWE going forward.”

Triple H also spoke about the future of TakeOver specials regarding how many they want to do and the length of the shows increasing heading into 2019. Triple H brought up how it ’s supply and demand. He stated if the demand increases or, as such that they potentially do more of them as he’s not a big fan of giving more to give more.

He thinks that they’re in a sweet spot with the length of shows right now as he wants to leave people excited about the show and once it’s near the end, the fans are looking forward to more as opposed to being so burnt out and it feels like a long event.

“We’ll see where it goes. I do envision us probably doing some things in the UK with the brand there and doing some larger events there but we’ll see what that magic number is as we move forward.”