Former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam was recently interviewed by Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated after wrestling at Northeast Wrestling’s Redemption event.

During the interview, Van Dam spoke about a potential return to WWE. At this stage in the game for RVD, he doesn’t think it’s a certain but a likely possibility.

“I know that my fans want to see me back in WWE, To that, I can say, it’s good to be wanted. I can tell you that I enjoy my days off a lot more than my days on, but I appreciate the fans. It’s because of them I have the life I have. So thank you to the fans, I know they’re going to stick with me for life, and never say never.”

RVD’s latest run with WWE was from June of 2013 through August of 2014. He made a one-off appearance at the 2014 Slammy Awards to present the Slammy Award for Extreme Moment of the Year.

At his advancing age and for his mind, RVD has decided to work a selective number of dates on the independent scene. Van Dam made his name known while working for ECW in the late 1990s, with the WWE in the early to mid-2000s, and then with TNA in the early 2010s. Van Dam gained his mainstream popularity by 1998 when he won the ECW World Television Championship, which he held for a record 700 days.