Triple H has opened up on recently undergoing surgery to repair a torn right pectoral muscle after suffering the injury at WWE Crown Jewel pay-per-view event where he and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels beat Kane and The Undertaker in a tag team match.

The operation was done by Dr. Jeffrey Dugas at Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham, Alabama with the belief that he will be out anywhere from 5-9 months. It’s an unfortunate injury due to the rumors going around that he could face Batista at WrestleMania 35 Obviously, this injury may have put these potential plans in jeopardy.

During a media conference call on Wednesday to promote this Saturday’s WWE NXT TakeOver: WarGames event in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center on the WWE Network, Triple H gave an update on his recovery.

“I had surgery a week ago yesterday (Tuesday, November 6). Everything is feeling good. In an immobilizer and on the road to recovery. It’s just rehab, rehab, rehab and I will be back but that does not stop this machine from rolling on and its business as usual. I will be headed to L.A. (Thursday) to begin preparations for what is a very exciting NXT TakeOver.”