Johnny Gargano did a Q&A session with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated to promote NXT TakeOver: WarGames II event in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center on the WWE Network where’s slated to wrestle former NXT Champion Aleister Black in a singles match.

Gargano stated that in his head, he made a mistake as the only reason Tommaso Ciampa is NXT champion is because of him and tried to make up for that mistake. This led to Black getting in the way as he has nothing personal against Black.

“I have no problem against the guy, but he got in the way. The end justifies the means, and the end is going to be Johnny Gargano defeating Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT championship. That will fulfill a promise, little kids will be happy, everyone will be going nuts. If one guy in Black needed to be jumped for that to happen, then I’m sorry. It had to happen.”

Over the past few years, WWE Hall of Famer has taken more of a focus on teaching younger talent at the WWE Performance Center. When asked about learning from HBK, he stated that Michaels has always been a hero of his and being able to work with him in order to pick his brain is truly the best-case scenario.

He stated that he never thought he’d ben able to work with Michaels but doing so has been mind-blowing.

“And not just Shawn, but also Triple H, as well. Their minds work on a different level, and you can tell why NXT is as hot as it is and why stories are so compelling. They are running the show. It’s a dream come true. If you told me when I was eight years old that one day I’d work for WWE with an action figure and work as an ambassador for a video game, and also work side-by-side with Shawn Michaels and Triple H, I would have said, ‘You’re crazy!’ But here we are, and it’s amazing.”