Frankie Edgar has heard the calls for him to try his luck at bantamweight, but “The Answer” feels differently.

Edgar has been a featherweight contender for years. He’s taken on Jose Aldo twice for the gold, but fell short both times. Despite failing to capture the 145-pound gold, Edgar still believes the weight class suits him just fine.

Edgar recently talked to Damon Martin to explain why a move to bantamweight isn’t in his sights:

“If you can make the weight and you can perform, all the power to you. That’s how this sport is set up. I’m not knocking anybody for that but if I wanted to be the best dieter, I’d f–king be a jockey. I’m a little dude and I’ve always been a little dude and I think I like being the little guy in there battling the big dudes. I like to show that hard work and technique can overcome anything. I just don’t feel I need to. Could I? I probably could and maybe if an opportunity arose, maybe I would but I don’t feel the need for it.”

UFC Denver was supposed to be headlined by a featherweight tilt between Edgar and Chan Sung Jung. “The Answer” was forced to pull out of the card due to an injury. Yair Rodriguez served as a replacement and earned a last-second knockout victory in an easy “Fight of the Year” candidate.